Jallianwala Bagh Massacre: 10 Facts Most People Don’t Know
Today on 13th April 2019 we are remembering those brave souls who were martyred in the Jallianwala Bagh. It’s been 100 years to this tragedy which put the whole world on shock and grief where approx 1000 people lost their lives during a peaceful assembly.
Interesting Jallianwala Bagh Massacre Facts
1. The Jallianwala Bagh kand also known as Amritsar Massacre
2. Jallianwala Bagh Kand tool place on Sunday, April 13, 1919
3. On the occasion of Baisakhi people were gathered in Jallianwala bagh for a peaceful assembly
4. The reason of the this peaceful assembly was Rowlatt Act which was passed on feb 1919.
5. With Rowlatt Act British Government had the authority to arrest anyone without warrant and on mere suspicion.
6. On the behalf of Rowlatt Act, two famous leaders, Dr. Kitchlew and Dr. Satyapal were also arrested on April 10, 1919
7. On 12th of April, 1919, General Dyer took over the troops as a commander.
8. General Dyer immediately issued orders on banning of any kind of public gatherings. But the information was not passed to general public
9. Jallianwala bagh has only one entry & Exit point, which made those people to jump into the well to save their lives.
10. In 1961 Indian National Congress built a memorial in the memory of martyrs.