This article is not to discuss whether you consider tomato as a fruit or a vegetable, but this article is to explain the health benefits of Tomatoes because it has a plenty of benefits that can help to make a person healthier and fit. In India, this food is usually considered as a salad which means that you may or may not want to eat as compared to other vegetables.
But if we talk about the helpful phytochemicals, you might be convinced to add them in your diet for sure
For example, lycopene, which is present in tomatoes can additionally help in preventing endless cancer and convey other medical advantages as well.
Following are the benefits of a tomatoes:
- Cancer Prevention: Tomatoes being a magnificent source of vitamin C and different cell reinforcements, can help battle the development of cancer-causing abnormal cells.
- Prostate cancer: One of the key element “Lycopene” has been connected with the prevention of prostate tumour prevention. Epidemiologists always recommend the consumption of tomato items, because they can it help in lowering the possibility of of prostate cancer.
- Blood Flow: Tomatoes being rich in potassium helps Keeping circulatory strain solid.
- Healthy Heart: Being rich in Fibre, potassium, vitamin C and choline tomatoes strengthen the functioning of the heart. Slight increase in potassium intake and reduction in sodium intake, is considered to be the most important dietary change that everyone must make to lower the risk of cardiovascular diseases. Folic corrosive in tomatoes keep the homocysteine levels under control hence reduces the risk of heart diseases.
- Diabetes: Tomatoes is a great source for the people with type 1 diabetes as it helps bring down the blood sugar level. One measure of cherry tomatoes contains2 grams of fibre which helps in neutralizing the levels.
- Healthy Bowel Movement: As explained the tomatoes are a great source of fiber and eating foods that are rich in water substance and fibre can help with hydration and advance normal solid discharges. Fibre adds mass to stool which is important for healthy bowel movement.
- Healthy Eyes: Lycopene, lutein and beta-carotene, which are powerful cancer prevention agents can help in protecting the eyes against the advancement of AMD. If you are suffering with age-related macular degeneration (AMD) .Tomatoes can be really helpful.
- Healthy and Glowing Skin: Lack of vitamin C can lead to certain skin problems, because Collagen which is a vital part of the skin, hair, nails and connective tissue, is dependent on vitamin C. And tomatoes being rich in Vitamin C can really help you to get a healthy and glowing skin. A low intake of vitamin C can also cause harm from UV rays, infections and smoke which generally results in wrinkles, hanging skin, stains and other aggressive skin diseases.
- During Pregnancy: Tomatoes being rich in Folic Acid must be added in the diet of mother to ensure the infants’ good health inside the mother’s womb because a good amount of folic acid needs to be present before and during pregnancy.
Sharing is Caring