Hey Fellas, are you struggling with low body mass index?
Well, two years back when I started weight training the most important and confusing thing was to understand body mass index, how to measure it, how to maintain it and how to plan a diet to get the right Body Mass Index.
And I know most of us are struggling with very low body mass index and the in the same way many more are struggling with a high body mass index. So in this article, we will give you some insights on “How to Gain and Improve Low Body Mass Index”.
Common Reasons of Low Body Mass Index
There are multiple reasons which lead to your Low Body Mass Index.
- It can be due to your genetics.
- It can be due to developmental and hormonal disorders
- It can be due to other issues with absorbing nutrients in the body.
A low body mass index may also be due to a high metabolism rate.
Here are a few healthy ways to gain weight according to different requirements:
Know your calorie needs
First of all, let us understand how to Calculate your resting metabolic rate with this formula.
RMR = 10* weight (kg) + 6.25* height (cm) – 5* age (yr) + x [For men; x=5, for women; x = -161]
Your RMR tells you the minimum calories you will burn if you rested an entire day. Now consider your RMR as BMR (Base metabolic rate) and calculate your daily calorie needs by the following formulae:
- BMR * 1.2 – If you are sedentary
- BMR * 1.375 – For light exercise
- BMR * 1.55 – Moderate activity
- BMR * 1.725 – High activity
- BMR * 1.9 – Intense activity
Diet to follow to Increase Body Mass Index
- You Should Gradually increase your calories intake
- Plan your diet and Eat healthy and timely
- You have to keep a balanced diet with heavy foods like – starchy vegetables, Complex Carbs, dense fruits, added oils, and creamy soups
- The most important thing is to have foods rich in protein.
- Avoid trans-fats and you can check this thing in the labels of packed food items.
- Have dietary supplements and protein shakes (In case you have a busy schedule)
Build muscle to increase body weight
- Include weight training in your daily regime(Start with 3 Days in a Week)
- Compensate for extra calorie lost in training by taking a good post and pre-workout diet
- Don’t go for burnout and take enough rest and as you get strength and endurance you can reduce the rest time and can train more than three days a week.
Important things to remember
- Stop eating junk food, eat healthily
- Take at least 2-3 liters of water and keep yourself well hydrated
- If you don’t plan your diet and suddenly increase your calories, Rapid weight gain may cause stretch marks
- You have to be very careful when you are choosing fatty foods because overdosage can lead to heart diseases and type 2 diabetes
- Overeating may cause bloating, stomach aches and cramps
If this article helped you, please share it with your friends and loved ones.