As we move along with our Series of Lessons on Speed Reading.
This Lesson is about using your finger to guide you throughout your reading time as you move along word by word.
And this is the simplest thing you can do right now to improve your reading speed. The best thing is your options are not limited to your finger only you can even use your hand or even a pen while you are reading. Because the idea behind is using your hand, Pen or Finger is to guide your eyes through the text.
This is also the simplest way which can help you to improve your concentration while reading. Because your concentration is directly related to your reading speed. The better the concentration the better is your reading speed. And if your concentration is good you will also improve your comprehension too.
Things to Keep in Mind While Using Your Finger/Pen/Hand
- Place your finger or pen slightly below the text on a page.
- And as you move forward underline the words from left to right in one continuous motion.
- Do not look at your probe, Instead, let it guide you from left to right.
- This technique works better on printed material than screen-based text
- How To Read Books For Free in 2020
- Six Common Muscle Building Myths & Beginners Guide
- Six Weeks Abs Diet & Workout Plan For Flat Abs
- Build Self Confidence: How To Know Your Self Worth
- How To Build Confidence: Master Series
The reason of using Probes while reading
Our eyes are being naturally attracted to motion, and when we use any probe for eg. Pen/Finger or Hand and we move from left to right we are creating a movement and our eyes naturally follow that motion without being distracted.
Problems people face while using this technique
It is been said, “every change is hard at the beginning”. So initially, you might feel slightly uncomfortable, if you have never read with your hand. But the more you practice, the more natural it becomes.
Take out some reading material that you have with you and try reading with your hand or pen for 15 minutes.
You should find yourself better focused while reading. Some people notice an immediate improvement of 20 to 30 percent in their reading speed just by using their hand while reading.